Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Five Ways to Cultivate One's Sense of Wonder


Nothing beats the smile on the faces of Laura and Dylan when they show a sense of wonder - be it for a new toy, or something they just discovered!  I have often wondered how I can rekindle that sense of wonder, now that I'm a jaded man of 40. 

Today, I read an article by Cathy Babao-Guballa where she recounted how her kids helped her regain her own sense of wonder.  In her article, she outlines the five ways to cultivate wonder - according to Margaret Tartakovsky.

First, Margaret suggests that we watch children play or do anything.  I have often marveled how Laura "sews" clothes into me as she fashions a Superman costume for me - made of used newspapers and masking tape joining it together!  I feel fabulous everytime she does it!

Second, she suggests that we allow ourselves to simply let our imaginations soar and run free.  Now, this I should do when I'm thinking of designs for my t-shirt line!

Third, she suggests that we take up photography or appreciate good photos.  This way, it would help us appreciate the beauty around us. 

Fourth, she suggests that one travels.  This one, I have experienced for myself.  Nothing beats enhancing wonder when one travels.  The world is just so unique, my sense of wonder multiplies many times over when I am in a new place!

Finally, she suggests that we always learn something new!  Since I am learning French and Spanish, this sense of wonder is cultivated everyday, as I begin to learn to express myself in languages other than English or Tagalog or Bisaya.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment