Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thanks for the Heads Up!



I was watching the TV show Nurse Jackie and one of the younger nurses made a mistake and gave a huge dosage to a famous film critic which immediately made him suffer respiratory failure.  He didn't die.  Anyhow, the next scene showed the young nurse with two senior nurses who were telling that they too committed mistakes and they said, if not for those mistakes, they wouldn't have become better nurses.  And she says to them, 'Thanks for the heads up!'

I too want to say 'Thanks for the heads up' to one special person who made it easier for me during that time in my college life when I was reeling from a mistake I made.  I had this very perceptive Psychology teacher who really prepped me up when I was in what I'd call, my personal 'Dark Ages!'.  Simply, she believed in me, and she spoke to me one day after class and said, 'You're so brilliant so why would you want to kill yourself?' 

Apparently she noticed the suicidal bent in some of my personal essays.  I knew I was turning in good work for her subject but she just could not connect that with my feelings of hopelessness and maybe despair.  She really saved me and brought me back to the light.  I am my own worst critic, and I know that, so I guess she taught me to go easy on myself.  She gave me the heads up when I really needed it.  And she gave me a grade of 1.0!  I couldn't be prouder of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment