Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Budget For This Week - November 1-7

About two months ago, I have decided to pay off my credit card debts, which have reached insane levels.  I knew that just paying the minimum won't cut it, so I decided to change my lifestyle so that all the extra money I have could be given to service these debts.  You have to understand though that all my other living expenses, mortgages, etc. do not count here. This is just my personal expenses for a week.  That's why I count myself lucky, so I decided to really discipline myself fiscally. For this week, my usual budget is this -

1.  Gas - 500 pesos  - I now limit my driving to places near my house.  If I have to go far, like Makati, I limit it to once a week.  I have switched to using the van which just uses diesel, which is cheaper, or just driving myself with the SUV (which uses unleaded, which is more expensive), so that I can limit the times the driver has to pick me up.

2.  Parking - 270 pesos - I now go to the gym where the mall just charges a flat rate of 45 pesos (US$1.04) per day, instead of an hourly basis.  That could save me up to 600 pesos (US$13.90) per month.

3. Movie - 340 pesos - I plan to watch two movies this week - Laruang Lalake and Buried. Sometimes, to save on this, I watch with my brother, who usually foots the bill

4. Food - 350 pesos - For this week, I will just pay for the dinner when I watch Laruang Lalaki, then for my popcorn and drinks and then a box of my favorite crinkles.  I just eat at home to save money. 

5.  Others - 500 pesos - for my astringent and other beauty stuff I may need.

All the rest of the salary I'll get will be paid to my credit cards.  At the rate I'm going, I should be able to pay off my credit cards in 24 months time, and hopefully earlier, if I scrimp some more.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment