Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, October 3, 2010

MOVIES THAT INSPIRED ME: Pretty Woman

I was 19 years old when I saw this movie and it made such an indelible mark in how I ran my life.  I am now almost 40 and the words the character of Julia Roberts say have been some of the hallmarks of my life.  In this scene below, when Julia gets pissed at Richard for telling Richard's lawyer what her real work was, she says, "I decide, I say who, I say when.....I say who...". That simple outburst became one of my mantras.  In my life I will say who, I will say when, I will decide - simply I will run my life the way I want it! 

Why was that such a big deal at that time to me?  Well, I was taking a course in college I didn't like.  We didn't have enough money at that time since we were 5 kids in college, and since I was in scholarship, I could not bale out and choose a course that I really liked!  So when Julia snapped those words, I vowed to myself, that soon as I leave college, "I will decide" my life's own course!



No comments:

Post a Comment