Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Nugget of Wisdom from Joan Rivers

I picked this book by Joan Rivers last weekend and I decided to give it a read a few days ago while I was waiting for my laptop to boot!  And it's been a riot reading this lady!  She's a lot of fun to read and I was laughing and smiling while reading it at the ABS-CBN food court!  I must have looked like an idiot doing that!

Anyhow, the book was about dealing with age and I admit it, I'm turning 40 next year and I am really slowly feeling the effects of aging!  Well, Joan has several tips for the ladies (and guys) like me who are reaching this stage of their lives.  One nugget of wisdom I really like, is when she exhorts that we 'stay current' - in our news, in our music, in our fashion, in everything!  No use dwelling on the past, since young people don't want to really hear about it!

So with that new mantra, I have decided to stay current in my own life, especially in fashion and in technology!  I am current in most of the other areas of my life but not so in those two, especially in embracing the new technology!  I am too slow!  I should open my mind more to the possibilities!  Vic and I have now discovered you can update your profile and blog through the phone!  Imagine that!  Also in fashion, I know I still have the body to try the new silhouettes but I'm just too chicken shit to try them out!  See how much fun I'm missing out!

Thanks to you Joan!  I will continue to share the nuggets I relate to in her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment