Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Dream Projects in My 40s

I was cleaning one of my cabinets today and I opened a folder which contained clippings of some of my goals and dreams, which I think I wrote when I was 36 years old.  I will turn 40 in a few months and the list is still doable, so I am listing them now and putting in my two-cents thoughts on each of them.  I will do my best to achieve them all but as they say, life happens!  I will write this as I wrote the goals, in their original places -

1.  Produce an independent digital movie - this is a dream which Vic and I have always nurtured year after year, so we hope to really be able to do it in the future.  I also hope I'd be the one who'll write the script!

2.  Open a neighborhood library-study center and encourage reading among Roxas kids. My first business was a tutorial center, so nowadays, I'd like to put up another tutorial center, but this time, the services will be free! 

3.  Create a sculpture park - I got this idea from a billionaire Korean guy who placed all these sculptures in a huge property which he turned into a park.  Eventually, the people of Bonifacio Heights implemented it but the sculptures are far from impressive.  I want 'Damien Hirst' types of sculptures - thought-provoking and shocking yet beautiful!

4.  Open a dance club/live band place like the Fringe Club in HK.  I was a fan of the Fringe Club since they had a gallery, they put up plays, and concerts and the place was tiny!  I want to recreate such club here in Quezon City, make it like some kind of mini cultural center - a community cultural center.

5.  Open a neighborhood gym.  My monthly gym dues is a hefty US$63 per month, more than what most New Yorkers pay for.  So, I was hoping to put up a simple, neighborhood gym where dues range from US$10 to US$20 per month.

6.  Open an art gallery.  I was so set on doing this before, but now, not so much anymore.

7.  Get a master's degree in Art Studies.  I was planning on doing this for the gallery project, but I have lost heart a little bit, upon knowing the local art scene. 

8.  Sponsor a gay prom Manila.  Probably the most controversial project I'm planning.  They do hold these gay proms in the UK, so it would give younger gay people outlets to meet same minded people.  May attract a lot of controversy!

9.  Open a 'Home for the Aged' for gay people.  Some people have done this already and I'd like to convert maybe one of our properties to a place where old gay people can retire to.

10.  Open a home for abandoned pets.  I actually hate dogs but if I can find people who can run this thing, I'd gladly help and fund them.

11.  French writing website - tough to do.  I did baby steps on this already.  Headache, headache, headache!
12.  Ivy League Building - Vic and I would like to hire an architect who can design a building that people would go to just to have their picture taken!

13.  To sponsor a sports prodigy.  Most likely a kid who loves tennis!
14.  Buy property in Hong Kong.  I used to live in HK so this was part of the goal.   I have properties now in Manila, so home is here nowadays....

No comments:

Post a Comment