Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Celebrity Sightings: Imelda Marcos says hi

I brought Mama to the PPO's (Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra) latest concert this weekend since it was Aliance Francaise sponsoring the event. It meant my tickets were discounted. Yes, I am still studying French, already in level 10, meaning, I should be able to listen to the news already (en francais), but it's still a bit hard, especially that I don't hear French everyday. Anyhow, the show was great - love it, love it, love it! But the more exciting thing happened after the show. Surprisingly, Imelda Marcos attended the affair. I said surprisingly, because I usually watch concerts at the CCP and I have not seen her for the longest time. So anyhow, maybe the frogs (the derogatory name Europeans call the French) are close to her heart. She was seated about 5 rows directly in front of us, with her big hair and all. I love her dress, simple and had the ability to hide what had to be hidden, and it made her really look good. So after the show, when everyone in our row and the rows in front of us left, I told Mama that we wait for her to stand up, just to look at her. I guess we might have been staring too hard because, maybe she guessed that someone was looking at her so she looked our way, and said 'Hi", much to mine and Mama's astonishment. Oh well, we should not really be surpised as she is a consummate politician. We were too surprised to say anything but we smiled back. And we said hi again outside in the lobby. Mama was a bit pissed though because she did not bring a camera, and both our phones did not have a camera. How's that for missed photo opportunity?

Of course, my baby's first reaction to this story was, "I thought the Filipinos hated her?" (baby is Alberto everyone). I just said, "Oh well darling, every single President that followed her husband has become more rotten than they ever were, our President now is even worse than them because they just steal but do not give anything in return, no building, no hospital, no museum". I'm not sure though if he understood what I meant.

As for the show, it reconnected me to one of my most favorite classical pieces, Bizet's "L'Arlesienne". I'm sure you have all heard it but just not know the title. It has a march in it which is a popular background for movies or anything that involves quick action. I think Disney even used it in Fantasia, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I used to play that piece, and it came in a cassette tape entitled, Bizet's Carmen (the opera), when I was sad and depressed, during my college days. Most of my friends would drink, I would listen to Bizet. It's intoxicating, really and with that wondrous music, your mind would not need any Ecstasy anymore. It's just that soaring. Play it loud but make sure no one's there because classical music is really not for everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment