Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Wear Indian Garb as Mama Shops for Their Fabulous Beaded Fabrics










It was a pity I wasn't able to photograph the fabrics Mama bought.  They were ALL so beautifully crafted and beaded and they definitely looked fabulous when draped on the body!  As our Hop On Hop Off bus winded along the busy Chinatown district, Mama spotted this building which had many mannequins in Indian women's dress.  She said she wanted to go and see that.  I, on the other hand, wanted to see the Indian temple in Chinatown!  It was  a bit weird that we were looking for things Indian in Chinatown and not in Little India!  So we went down the station and headed for that building.

The fabrics were quite reasonably priced but I suggest you haggle hard since they are willing to give you a good price for it!  For example, one six-meter fabric cost RM210 (Php 2849.79) but Mama haggled it down to RM60 (PhP811.48).  In her next buy, she was able to haggle another beautiful cotton sari cloth from RM110 (PhP1,487.96) to just RM40 (PhP540.07)!!  I asked Mama not to shop so much since fabrics are heavy to bring so I told her to just buy enough that we could carry around comfortably, since we were still in the Hop On Hop Off tour!

The whole store named Gathayiri occupies two huge floors and it had offered many choices and if you have money to burn and you love Indian fabric and clothes, this is the place for you.  The store seems popular among the Indian populace since it had several branches in the different cities around Malaysia.

Since I waited for Mama, I had my own fun too wearing Indian garb, and the male sales person gamely assisted me!  It was wonderfully beaded too but it was not stretch cloth so it was difficult to wear it haha, he had to assist me to take off the shirt!  It was also warm and I don't know how it would wear outside the oppressive heat of KL or even India!  Kulang na lang actually is the turban to complete the look!

By the way, the temple I wanted to see was just right beside it!  Great coincidence!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment