Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book Review: Charlaine Harris' Dead Until Dark

So this is where the HBO series True Blood comes from!  My friend lent me the first book of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and the series has tried its best to hew as closely to the novel.  Well, I guess Alan Ball had to add some interesting characters but as a whole, I think they followed this first installment at around 80% accuracy.  Interestingly, I like the TV series more.  Usually, I'd prefer the book version.  However, the way Alan Ball's team presented this story is far more interesting and alive - and well, scary!  These are, after all, about vampires!  The book is a quick read though and yes, it has a lot of sex in it, so don't let your kid read it.  Or maybe just guide them through those snippets.  I think the world envisioned in the book is less dangerous that what I've seen on HBO.  On TV, the darkness and the danger of the situations are more palpable.  I'm excited to read the second installment, so let's see how it compares to the series.  The first book ends in the part where they catch the killer of the waiters and an old lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment