Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, November 6, 2010

When My Self-Esteem Just Reflects What I See On the Weighing Scale


Last Thursday, a friend whom I haven't seen in four eyes just blurts out to me in a mall, that I've gained so much weight since he last saw me - which of course caused such a maelstrom in my mind!  I wanted to smack him right then and there, but maybe, he was really telling the truth.  Even my baby knows how sensitive I am when it comes to matters of my weight.  He has scolded me many times that I shouldn't really worry if I grow too fat because he will still love me no matter what!  And I know it shouldn't really stress me out but the truth is, it still does. 

Anyhow, one of the models I worked with last year, told me at dinner tonight, I lost weight since I last saw her - which again made me happy!  This battle with the bulge has never really been easy for me, especially that when you reach your forties, the metabolism just seems to stop!  Oh well, we all have to work with what we get and be smart enough to work within its limitations - that's what I've learned from makeover queens Trinie and Susannah!  So there may be bulges here and there, but there are smart ways to hide them, and just accentuate the positive things in my body.  The weighing scale will always be my daily watchdog - to tell me if I have to stop eating too many sweets, or maybe do an extra class so I can enjoy that pizza I so crave for!

No comments:

Post a Comment