Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Monday, November 22, 2010

What I Would Do If I Won the P535 Million Lotto Prize

For the record, I haven't bet on this particular lotto prize yet but because the prize is so stupendously big, and that everyone is just talking about it (from my driver to my gym buddies), I've decided to write about it.  What would I do if I did win P535 million pesos or roughly US$12 million dollars?  Let me see....ok, here it is....

1.  Pay off all my debts and mortgages.  A measly amount compared to what I've received.

2.  Invest 100 million pesos in the Philippine stock market.  Filipino companies are doing well now due to good management so that would be my contribution to boosting my confidence on their leadership and stewardship of these companies.  And of course, to help the Philippine economy na rin.

3.  Give 100 million to charity.  Put up a foundation so that I can purposely choose which charities to give, although I think I'd give outright lump sums to three churches, the one in New Manila, the one in Timog and the Roxas church, since they were instrumental in helping my first business, my tutorial center.  Maybe 10 million each.  Then 20 million to the Missionaries of Charity, since I'm a devotee of Mother Teresa and I've seen their work with orphan babies and unwed mothers.  Then another 20 million to World Vision since I've seen how they acted after Ondoy.  They really helped! And they were quick!!  Another 20 million to Gawad Kalinga since I've seen their work with different homeless communities - and they've helped a lot of people. I hate doing manual work, even for photo-ops, so I think I'd just do the next best thing.  The 10 million I will reserve for the foundation and decide along the way, which charities and NGOs to support.

4.  Give 100 million to my immediate family and some relatives who helped us when we were really poor.  Special mention to my lovely cousins Rissa and Vanessa who just accepted us for who we are, to one of my lolas, who was always accomodating to me when I wanted to watch betamax in her house, and her son, who is my uncle, for always respecting me, even if I think he knew I was gay. I love his Dad, my lolo, very much for the respect he gave to me.

5. Leave 50 million for the educational trust fund of Laura and Dylan so that they can go to the best schools when they reach college and they have seed money for whatever they want to do with their lives. 

6.  The remaining 100 million +++ I will just save it for the meantime and continue to live my life the way I always do.  I will continue to work since I love what I'm doing and maybe bankroll a project or two, which I have always wished on doing - like an independent movie, or invest on the fashion line and open some stores.  No hurry.  It's very easy to spend money but difficult to earn it back.  At least, with 135 million in the bank, I won't have to worry where to get the money to pay off my next few bills.

OK, back to reality now.  But that was a cool exercise!  Good luck to whoever wins it though!  Having too much money in a country like ours is such a headache!  Everybody is now your friend - or feign a blood relation with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment