Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, November 7, 2010

What Do You Do For Attention?


I just came from watching Nurse Jackie and the lead character says to a suspected assailant, "So, what do you do for attention?", after the woman, who this assailant attacks has her ears cut!  That's when the lead character, a nurse, flushes that assailant's ear in the toilet!  That got me thinking - what do I do for attention?

Growing up, it was not difficult. I always had Mama's attention. I was always sick every month!  There was no month I wouldn't be in the hospital because of my tonsillitis.  It did also help that I excelled academically, without much sweat, and I started winning interschool competitions.  I guess my proudest moment came when we won the National Science Fair in 1983!  That got me a lot of attention.  I guess, growing up, I made people notice me by bringing back the bacon everytime we had interschool competition.

In college, I decided to use my writing skills to get attention, which I did, and although my course did not need any good writing skills, I enjoyed it a lot!  And I got a lot of freebies for it - and of course, the chance to just write, write, write!

Fast forward twenty years later, I guess, I just do new things to attract attention - like speak in another language, or come out with a clothing line!  I haven't done anything crazy though to warrant unwanted attention - and that's how I want it to be.  A quiet and contented life is what I've always wanted when I was young - and I'm living it now.  Any attention I attract should be for something positive, since now, some young kids look up to me already.

No comments:

Post a Comment