Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Brush With the Bolshoi Ballet

I know watching ballet on a trip abroad is not really a top priority on anyone's itinerary, but since our schedule permitted it, we decided to watch a production of the Bolshoi Ballet at the Royal Opera House in London.  I remember, Vic and I just came from watching Patrick Swayze do Guys and Dolls, before we rushed to the Opera House!  We were a very funny sight because everyone was in formal wear - and in black, but here I was, wearing a green shirt with 'Brasil Brasileiro' emblazoned over it!!  And Vic and I were in the second row! 

Oh well, the production we watched was 'The Pharaoh's Daughter', and soon as the curtains opened, I had to catch my breath - as it was a breathtaking sight!  The stage was huge and high - which I was not used to - and the props and sets were so beautiful!  It was a grandiose production with flawless dancing throughout.  I really enjoyed the show and it was a live orchestra that accompanied the whole thing!  I still look forward to watch another ballet, maybe in another city - Paris perhaps or New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment