Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pink Fox Tales: The Kindhearted Ferds


Ferds is 27 years old, a call center agent, a nursing graduate who worked as an English teacher in Korea years ago.  When we went out, he recounted the days when he had lots of money since he earned well as a teacher in Korea. He laments the fact that his salary now as a call center agent is too low for him.

Anyhow, like most Filipinos, he helped and continues to provide money to everyone in his family.  That's why he is always short of money.  I think it runs in most Filipino families to shell out money to everyone.  I am however thankful, that my mother was very strict with that and just taught us to fend for ourselves first before helping others.  I am normally surprised about the mendicancy attitude that most Pinoys have, especially when they have a family member who works abroad.  Yeah, I was also like that, easy to give, but I've learned my lesson that people will only love you when you have money, and will leave you soon as you lose it all.  So now, I just prioritize my needs first, then the kids, then maybe some charitable institution. As for family members asking for money, my rule is, if it's for my Mom, yeah I will give it freely, but for them, I will have to check if they deserve it.  God knows, I have been fooled many times over.  I will have the last laugh this time.

I tried to tell Ferds to have that hard-nosed attitude, because the reality is, it's his hard-earned money and sometimes, luck may run out for us, so we should have something for the rainy days!  Pay yourself first, as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment