Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Learning to Live Frugally

Well, I don't still exactly live frugally, but at least I have given up some of the excesses of my previous life.  It was not easy in the beginning but adjusting to it was eventually something I got accustomed to.  

First to go of course was my movie-watching.  I computed that it cost me upwards of 1K or more watching all the movies.  The truth is, with the advent of DVDs which are readily available, the only reason why I watch movies in theaters is when Rica invites me.  Otherwise, I just say no.  

Then, I've also stopped buying junk food - something which I always do after I work out.  A pack of Chocnut here, a bag of M&M's and so on and so forth.  Since my budget now is very tight, I just stopped passing by 7-11 after workouts.  It was difficult at first, since my mouth loves to munch something when I'm working, but I've gotten used to having none of those anymore.  And the good thing is, I feel that my gut is slowly becoming thinner!  I don't think it will disappear entirely but at least I don't look like I'm 3 months pregnant anymore.

Finally, I have learned to identify what really makes me happy.  That's where most of my weekly budget goes.  If it's not too important, then maybe I could live without it.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment