Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Kidnapping Freddy Heineken: The Movie is the Title


While I was watching Anthony Hopkins in the movie Kidnapping Freddy Heineken, playing the movie title's namesake, I couldn't help want to see him go on a "Hannibal Lecter" mode as he delivered his lines!  It's been more than a quarter of a century since The Silence of the Lambs, yet every time I see him, I see Hannibal Lecter! 

My mind was going like "Why can't he escape? He could eat these guys' livers with a glass of Chianti if he wanted to!!"  Talk about being seriously stereotyped in one's mind!

This time, the whole movie was shot in Amsterdam, and it's not the Amsterdam I would like to visit.  I guess because of the whole aura of the movie - it being a crime film - the city looked dreary, sad, cold, forbidding, and dark.  

By the way, this is a true story and it was set in a far more innocent world, where billionaires don't have bodyguards and complex security systems.  This is the Netherlands after all, and I guess crime like this rarely happens there.  

The movie is the title and there are no surprises here.  I didn't even feel much tension.  I guess if a far more experienced director like Spielberg or Scorsese did this script, there would be more blood, more craziness, and we would all be on the edge of our seats.  It really takes a lot of skill and creativity to put people on the edge of their seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment