Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, December 24, 2010

Shopping Talk - Discovering Adora

One thing I liked about this Christmas is that it afforded me time to really go around and browse and look at stuff.  For the past few years, I have reserved my serious shopping during my trips abroad, but since we have limited our travel now for the past two years, I have decided to seriously look around again as to what's available here, just in case I need a certain fix. 

I have visited Adora before but I didn't browse seriously since most of the stuff there, I could easily get in a HK trip.  Anyhow, this Christmas, I really decided to browse properly and I discovered that their merchandising choices have improved over the last time I visited (in 2008 pa ata.)

Their Dior Homme range has increased, and should be at par with the Dior Homme store in Shanghai.  At 44 pesos to a US dollar though, I think the prices are a bit high, but since the collection was about 3 racks, I checked each item.  Problem with Dior is that they really don't cater to 'fat' men like me, so I really have to diet some more if I want to fit into those uber-slim designs.

Well, I now like Adora, for two reasons!  Their Missoni and Etro merchandise are sizeable!  Well, still not quite like what you see in HK, but at least, the merchandiser are picking colors and styles that not only rich Chinoys will buy.  Rich Chinoys often opt for very conservative shades - oh well, Etro and Missoni don't do conservative but still, there are shades which scream 'Grandpa' to me.  On this visit though, there were about 3-4 Missoni shirts worth fitting.  The Etro long sleeve line here though is not quite daring, but maybe that was really their latest collection - but not enough to rival the Etro store in HK, which also has beautiful leather wallets and bags!  Etro usually has those embroidered stuff too but I think if converted to peso, would be prohibitive. 

Oh well, I ended buying the 'cheapest' stuff I could from the store.  Jaspal is a Thai brand, very quirky, like Philosophy from Malaysia, or Mental, here.  I decided on a pair of shorts with bling bling!  It can look a bit girly but I am gay, so it doesn't matter!  Also, I chose a lavender long sleeve shirt from W, which would be perfect for those classical music concert gala nights.

Well, there were not many people inside since really, this store would be like Lane Crawford in HK.  What you have to do though is to really browse slowly and not be intimidated by the prices.  And browse first before buying. You wouldn't want to spend 20K on a shirt and then find out it was last season's!  That would suck big time!

The staff were very helpful and would really want to assist you.  Check out the D&G stuff if you're into that brand.  I just really wish they would fit me!

Finally, the Tyler brand is also here and I love their tailoring.  Exquisitely beautiful.  I will clean my closet this Christmas season and maybe buy me five pieces of Tyler soon as they go on sale this January!  I really have to get rid of my belly though.  The cut is really fit to the body!

No comments:

Post a Comment