Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Book Review: Jane Hamilton's A Map of the World

I'm a fan of bargain bookstores now, and I got this one at one for just US$2.  The Oprah Book Club stamp does help a bit in my choice-making but I never realized how 'heavy' this book is.  It's about a woman wrongly accused of sexually abusing kids in school.  These false accusations against her turns her world upside down and to compound the problem, one of the kids of her best friend drowns during her watch, when they spend time swimming in her pond.  All these lead to her and her family's ostracism from their community and forces them to live back in the city.

I am not really a fan of how Jane Hamilton writes but she is a competent and very visual writer.  I think I found the subject matter of this book too much for me, yet I plodded on.  What I like though is the way she tells the story through different points of view.  I think here, she takes the point of view of the woman accused, her husband, and her best friend.  That way, you can take a peek into how the world turns in three points of view!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment