Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Trying Not to Get Caught in the Christmas Gift-Giving Gauntlet


I guess my brothers and sisters and I were lucky that my parents never used things to bribe us with their love - something you always see during Christmas when parents give their children expensive gifts to show that they really love them - which in turn makes Christmas into some kind of expensive gift giving competition - like your love for me is equal to the monetary worth of your gift. Ridiculous - you say, but in my conversations with some of my friends this Christmas - that is exactly the scenario that happens in their families.  Talk about reducing the meaning of Christmas to just the number of zeros in the worth of the gift you give. 

The truth is, I've learned early on that my parents and friends just have to be there for me when I need them.  That is all the Christmas gift I need.  Any material thing, I could buy on my own.  God made sure I had enough money for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment