Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

127 Hours: Visually Stunning and Surreal


Boyle Franco RalstonMAIN Aron Ralston Interview   The Man Whos Real Life Story Danny Boyles Upcoming Movie 127 Hours Is Based On

I am not surprised that the Oscar voters chose this film as one of the best of 2010!  It is visually stunning and the soundtrack is fantastic!  Action in half of the movie just happens in one place but I never got bored or felt claustrophobic about it.  Simon Beaufoy and Danny Boyle are very skillfull storytellers and I'm sure the book version of this would be more serious and plodding, but this movie is definitely not. It just moves the story along and allows the viewers like me to reach a denouement and realization in the end.  Finding out how Aron Ralston moves from being this kind of person to another type of person is fasinating to watch.  That scene where he kept saying, 'This rock was waiting for me my whole life, the moment I started life on earth'.....really shook me.  It made me reflect on my own life too.

Anyhow, I didn't know that the last 10 minutes of the movie was going to be bloody! I was really squirming in my seat.  I did try to cover my eyes with the towel I brought, but it made things worse since I could hear James Franco and my imagination was giving me all these gory images!

Well, that part of the story is probably the most provoking but also the most liberating, at least for Aron Ralston.  His will to live under such very difficult circumstances is incredible!  He certainly lived life dangerously but at least he is living it under his own terms.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment