Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Murder With A Funny Twist in '39 Steps'


 
This is the first Repertory play I've seen in a long, long time!  And I had a great time watching it!  I'm a big fan of Hitchcock's films but this doesn't veer into anything terrifying, instead it's so full of laughs - you'd be in awe at how these actors (especially Rem Zamora and Juliene Mendoza) segue into the different roles they play in this two-hour play.  You'd have to see it to enjoy it - I daresay they bring versatility to a higher standard!  Michael Williams and Liza Infante are both good too! 

Another thing that impressed me was the way they used the props! It's maybe because I haven't seen any play for years, I am now in awe at they resourcefulness theater people have in utilizing the barest of props and make us believe it's the real thing!  It just made watching this play even more enjoyable to watch!  For example, four chairs which serve as a backdrop in a political rally, turns into a car!  Or a 'train' can first be seen through the front and then in the next scene, is scene from the side!  Just make watching the play pretty interesting!

Another observation in some of the plays I've seen these past two weeks - I mean Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah - they now include the audience INTO the play!  For example, in the rally scene in Zsa Zsa, the 'crowd' went into the audience to rally them to join and support Zsa Zsa.  In this play, the actual chases occur where the audience is!  They even passed through my row!!  And during the political rally scene where people had to clap, one of the actors tapped me in the shoulder and urged me to clap - and I did of course! Another reason why watching plays now is more engaging!

Well, I am definitely looking forward to the next Rep play! 

No comments:

Post a Comment