Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, March 8, 2012

When Reading Literature is Better than Self-Help Books


Sometimes, I get amused when I see people read self-help books.  I know it's a very condescending way to look at how other people cope with the difficulties in their personal lives, but I've read some of these books and well, they're ok and yeah, preachy, which kinda turns me off.  For the longest time, I have instead, turned to literature and its heroes for inspiration.  Some of the greatest novels produced have heroes who have to go through insurmountable odds to fight their way through life - and yeah, in a way, I have sought inspiration from these fictional heroes and have modeled how I deal with life's tribulations by acting the same way they do, if well, faced with a similar hypothetical situation.

I really advise you to read the best literature instead because the dilemmas are more daunting, and aside from being entertaining, it draws on our connected humanity and even if these events took place hundreds of years ago, it shows that we all deal with the same dilemmas now as before, and that we are not ever alone in dealing with these challenges in life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment