Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reminiscing About Those Grand Standalone Theatres Around Metro Manila


I read this wonderful article on the local Esquire magazine today about the grand standalone movie theaters that used to populate the main streets of Metro Manila.  I guess I was fortunate then to be able to watch a few movies in these theaters in the late 80s when we moved to Manila.  I remember watching some Nora Aunor movies in the huge New Frontier Cinema in Cubao and some Hollywood films in Delta.  At that time, the SM North cinemas just opened and these cinemas where still on my route home, so it was a good place to watch a movie after my classes.  Unfortunately, they could not survive being just a standalone theater because everyone started going to the malls where we can get to choose what movie to watch.  I guess those days of watching a movie in those places are part of our history now.  I do hope they can find something to do with these huge dinosaurs.  Maybe some sort of concert place?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment