Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Twitter and the Angry Celebrities


I have Twitter but I just use it for my blog and I don't actually have the time to follow all my favorite celebrities.  And well, one thing I've learned about famous people is - the more you get to know them - the more you realize that there's no difference between them and you.  They are just more famous but it doesn't mean they're better than you in other things.  I can say this because I taught for some time at the ABS-CBN Talent Center and well, these kids are talented and goodlooking but well, they're human too and some are not really as bright as they project themselves to be.

So I read with amusement as some of our country's top celebrities (Sharon Cuneta, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid) have become fair game to everyone in the Twitter world.  By opening themselves up to everyone else, they also get what people REALLY think about them.  And sometimes, the truth hurts. Or sometimes, a lot of people just say nasty things to rile them up.  I guess some celebrities are so used to receiving praise often they forget that they're ordinary people too and that ordinary people like us are not always enamored with what they do.  At least Twitter allows everyone to call a spade a spade.  I guess that's another price celebrities have to deal with if they allow people into their lives.  Otherwise, they should just put their Twitter on private.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment