Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rereading Charles Dickens

I read Oliver Twist as a kid and admittedly I was shaken by the bleakness of the story, not knowing at that time that in a way, Charles Dickens was also describing conditions in a country, although thousands of miles away from his native Britain, that was also treating many of its children the way the characters of that groundbreaking book was being treated.  Our street children begging on the streets and the thousands of children here who have to work to feed their family - Charles Dickens' wrote about them hundreds of years ago - but his story can be as relevant today, as it was during that time. 

I am writing about this since I chanced upon an article in the Philippine Star today where Teddy Boy Locsin talked about his favorite Dickens' novels.  I'm planning to get a copy of Great Expectations soon.  It's time I reread Dickens again.  I kinda miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment