Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Facebook Fatigue


I read this interesting article today by Governor Ynares where he talked about a friend of his who deactivated his Facebook account because of Facebook fatigue.  His friend realized he was spending too much time in the cyber world meeting friends than meeting them in the real world!

I admit I too spend too much time in FB. I even timed it.  Everytime I start work, I'm usually there 30 minutes and that's the least time I am there.  It could be an hour if I have to download pics and even more if I chat.  That's why I have this rule that I just spend 30 minutes on it everytime I start my work or at least 1 hour a day.  I check birthdays first and greet them all, and then check at least 2 pages of wall to check for anything interesting.  I even put my cellphone on alarm just to remind me to QUIT IT ALREADY.

Anyway, it's working and it has allowed me to have a life.  Yes, I did think of deactivating my account before but FB is just a good way to connect with long-lost friends, the benefits far outweigh the bad things.  So I just decided to stop doing the bad things.  And what are those?  Chatting is number 1!  Looking for boys or stalking is #2! By quitting those two, it got my time down to just 30 minutes, which I could live with.

How about you?  How do you deal with your FB time?  Or you don't have a life anymore because of it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment