Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, October 14, 2011

Theatre Review: Grief Cuts You Like A Knife in 'Next to Normal'






Well, I think this will be the last Atlantis Production I'll be watching this year. I'm not so sure about catching Little Mermaid since I'm not really into "kids material" although I love the songs of that movie.

Anyhow, it's not easy to watch Next to Normal, since it deals with death and grief and a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown! However, the cast led by Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo makes the grief so palpable, you'd hear sniffles around you especially in the last few dramatic scenes! Menchu, in my opinion, has given the best performance by an actress among all the musicals I've seen this year. Everyone in the cast was great! I didn't know The Dawn's Jett Pangan could act! Well, his singing was clear and full of emotion! The daughter, played by Bea Garcia is cute as a button and she did fine as well! My favorite theater actor, Felix Rivera is on top of his game here, as he always is, and since I was near the stage, I could really hear how nice and high his voice was since he did a lot of second voice and high notes! It was so beautiful to hear! Well, easily the cutest among an already goodlooking cast is Markki Stroem, and it didn't show that he was a neophyte in theater acting amidst a very talented cast! He could act and sing at the same time! I don't know why they don't give him more projects on that channel!

Anyhow, except for Jett Pangan, I got pictures again with the very affable cast! Aside from PETA, the Atlantis Production cast are the most approachable among the theater groups in the city. Well, include the Dulaang CCP also in that list! They were also quite kwela! It just makes theater watching more interesting since you get to interact with the cast just right after the play

No comments:

Post a Comment