Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me: The Soundtrack of My First Forty Years

It was a hot Sunday afternoon in 1996, when I first heard this song, through Rick Dees Top 40.  I was still living in my uncle's house in Cagayan de Oro City since I was working as a medical representative for Rhone-Poulenc.  This song debuted at #40, and as I was listening to the song, I realized that the singer was singing in the past tense.  The lyrics were all beautiful, but poignant, because all of it was in the past tense.  Because of it, I realized then and there, that she was singing about Papa!  Papa died of lung cancer in 1989.  In a way, this song has become his song and everytime it gets played, especially in Lim Ket Kai, I would get teary-eyed and I would have to excuse myself from my friends and rush to the nearest CR.  

No comments:

Post a Comment