Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time - The Soundtrack of My First Forty Years

My fortieth birthday is nearing already so I thought of coming up with a musical montage of songs which have a lot of meaning to me these past almost forty years of my life.

First on the list is this beautiful song from the Grammy Album of the Year 1990, Bonnie Raitt's Nick of Time.  This song actually encapsulates what it feels to reach a certain mature age, and truly, reaching 40 is that age where you actually lose your youth already and face the age of maturity.  The song's lyrics are very poignant, and I am especially touched by the line, "Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste." 



I first heard this song when I was still in UP, around 19 years old, and I never really thought that I would reach 40!  Now this song has a life of its own and all the issues talked about in the song as relevant to me as it was to Bonnie Raitt's generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment