Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Seafood Dinner Fiesta at South Sea Restaurant in Subang Jaya















After sampling Indonesian food the night before, Marin Escudero and his wife Ainun Kamaliah Ismail, whisked Mama and I off (in grand style mind you - in a Volvo baby!!) to the suburb of Subang Jaya, into this interesting seafood restaurant where we sampled Malaysian style cooking!  It was about a 30-minute drive from the center of Kuala Lumpur, and I had a first glimpse of the daily Kuala Lumpur night commute home.  Well, driving here is really a breeze compared to the hither-dither driving we have to suffer through passing EDSA daily!

We arrived kinda late for our dinner since Mama and I had to freshen up a bit when Marin Escudero picked us up in the hotel plus the drive so I had to apologize profusely since Marin's family and Pierre Najeeb were already there waiting for us.  Marin and Ai's two delightful daughters were also there!

As for Malaysian cooking, well, it's a bit different from how we Pinoys cook our food.  It is certainly more spicy than what we are used to here, but the similarities include our use of coconut milk in our soups and banana leaves in our presentation of the food (I guess to lock in the flavor of the food).  I especially loved the fish soup where they put coconut milk.  They did not use it sparingly like what you taste in Manila restaurants, you could really savor it as you sip the soup and add to that the tender meat of the fish, what's not to like about it!  Yun lang, I forgot to take down the names of each of the viands.  I was famished already beyond belief so that flew out of the window pretty fast!

My other favorite dish was the squid barbeque style!  Tamang-tama lang ang pagka barbecue sa kanya.  It was meaty and tasty at the same time!

I had to avoid the crabs since Mama was there and she did not want me to have an allergy attack but I still ate (rather scraped) the tops of the crabs.  I forgot what it was (Marin mentioned it to me) but it was salty and tasty, much like eating crab eggs or a variation of caviar.

It was certainly a seafood feast nonpareil and even if all we ate were fish and squid and veggies - ay super super busog pag-uwi! Yum yum!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment