Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Monday, October 22, 2012

Exalting the Power of Praying the Rosary

I came across an article today exalting the miracles that happened to people's lives because they were devotees of Mother Mary and they prayed the rosary everyday.  My tale though is less dramatic than what these people have experienced - since most of them survived a bus tragedy and the other, the Payatas landslide.  My concerns are more mundane and are more rooted on simple requests and I've been lucky yet not having to ask God's help to spare my life.

I remember my Work Education teacher in high school express surprise and admiration when he saw I had a rosary in my pencil case.  In high school kasi, I also wore a crucifix necklace made of wood, something which my sister gave me.  Looking back, I actually viewed it more as a fashion accessory as well as wearing my faith on my sleeve - like literally.  The truth was, our lives that time were in such turmoil, wearing that close to my heart was like my anting-anting.

These past few months I have returned to praying the rosary once again, everyday.  It's actually the first thing I do when I wake up.  Sabi nga nila, unahin si Lord, so pwes, pagkagising Siya agad inaatupag ko, by just praying the rosary. It's actually meditative and it serves to lessen the stresses of my daily concerns.  Also, it allows me to verbalize aloud what things are really bugging me that day.  That way, I feel I'm not alone with my problems and that someone out there is sharing my burden.

Yes, I can really, truly, testify to the little miracles praying the rosary has given me.  In a way, this daily communication with God through Mary has saved my ass many times over.  My life right now is like walking with one foot on solid ground and the other on a quicksand and in any given day, the quicksand could easily gobble me up.  Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet - basically through the sheer force of prayer and faith in God. I know it sounds corny but it works!

I will not go into details about my requests because they are trivial compared to what ordinary Filipinos are asking but I realized that God loves us all and He does not think our struggles are trivial - so really guys, just surrender your concerns to Him and also pray to Mama Mary to ease your daily burden.

Today, she eased once again one of my heavy burdens and I am really grateful.  Once again, she has saved me from sinking into that quicksand!  I've learned that God populates this earth with His angels who come in the form of our friends and family.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment