Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, April 29, 2016

The Ten Scariest Movies That I've Ever Seen! (Numbers 1-5)


This is the continuation of an earlier post -

5.  Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) - this is probably the most stylized vampire movie I've ever seen - thanks to Francis Ford Coppola's vision!  Gary Oldman gave Dracula a more interesting dimension, someone who was nice but can be vicious if he wants too!  The special effects at that time, really elicited screams from everyone in the theater!  

4. The Others (2001) - I saw this movie in an SM cinema and I wanted to hit myself on the head.  The cinemas in SM have very poor audio and very uncomfortable chairs!! So we had to strain our ears just to listen to the dialogue!! But still, we were scared especially towards the fantastic climax!  The best climax I've seen since The Sixth Sense!!  'We're not dead!! We're not dead". 

3.  The Sixth Sense (1999) - I admit the twist in the ending made my head spin, since I wanted to see the movie again and check if all the scenes were feasible!!  My favorite scene was towards the end, when both Mom and son were working out their issues.  I've always loved Toni Collette and I was so happy for her that this movie finally broke her through Hollywood!

2.  Alien (1979) - I saw this movie in the early 1990s and I was so impressed because all the while, I thought it was just released the year before!  That's the genius of James Cameron. Of course, he went on through higher heights after that, but in this movie, you can see how the slow burn can actually make you very scared!  The last 20 minutes of the movie were a blast and Sigourney Weaver here, was a Wonder Woman!!

1.  The Exorcist (1973) - Mama once told me, that when this movie was shown in Manila, many people did not sleep with the lights off!!  My brother will not watch the movie at night because he doesn't want bad vibes.  I think the reason why many people are scared of this movie, including me, is that, this time, the bad boy is the devil himself.  And the effects were just groundbreaking at that time and the ideas to scare us were really original!! Head turning 360 degrees, a person walking like a spider.... the list goes on and on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment