Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mandatory English Subtitles For Local Movies

Everytime I travel abroad, I always try to watch a local movie.  Be it in HK or Bangkok, since their movies had subtitles, it allowed me to understand and enjoy them!  It also introduced me to their local showbiz stars like Daniel Wu and Maggie Yeung.  

There is now a bill in Congress filed by Pasay City Rep. Emi Calixto-Rubiano making it mandatory for local filmmakers to provide English subtitles for the movies they produce.  I think that's a very good idea!  I know many foreigners who come here can't watch our movies because they don't understand Tagalog.  I know it won't be a significant number (we won't know because no study has ever been done) - but I am proof enough that there are people out there who would love to know the nuances of a country's culture -and watching the films of that country is a fast way of doing it.

I do hope it gets passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment