Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Looking Forward to the Day When Two Guys Can Just Kiss in Public


I was watching the video of Marsha Ambrosius' new song "Far Away", and I was shocked and happy to see that through her song, she is spreading the message of tolerance.  I won't be giving the story of her video away.  I will let you just check it out on Youtube.

Anyway, it reminded me of how careful Alberto and I always have to be when we see each other.  I mean, for straight people, they can just easily give their wife, husband, lover, mistress, kabit, one night stand, or whoever - a kiss on the cheek or on the lips, to say hello, or goodbye - and no one would care or take notice or take offense. 

But if two guys start kissing each other that way - all hell could break loose - and the heavens will open and swallow those two poor guys who just love each other and bring them straight to hell!!

Alberto and I always kiss when we meet but sometimes, when his officemates are there, he just gives me the eye and we just give each other a hug.  One night, after dinner, I remember, I was about to say goodbye to him and I was about to kiss him, and we realized we were in a taxi queue, so we just hugged each other instead.  Sigh! I wish I could just give him a kiss on the lips anytime I want.  And I don't mean those torrid French kisses.  Just a peck on the lips would do - like mwah!  Giving a kiss to say hello or goodbye are things straight people take for granted because they can do it without censure or shame or angry looks from people nearby. 

Anyhow, I still do kiss Alberto in public if I feel no one is watching.  But I'm looking forward to the day that I can do just that without fearing the wrath of intolerant people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment