Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Best Gift: "You Helped Me Up When I Was Down"



The -ber months are upon us and before long, the frenzy of gifts-buying will have descended on us.  Oh, the pressure of it all!  Anyhow, I enjoy getting gifts but I don't quite put much of a premium on it. I think it's because we weren't really given that many gifts when we were kids and as we grew up - whether at Christmas or during our birthdays.  We just learned early on that if we wanted something, we'd have to work for it ourselves.  That's why the idea that someone has to give me something to make me happy is strangely foreign to me - because I can really just buy it for myself, especially now that I have the means to do it.

In spite of that, the best gift, for me, that I wish I would receive from my friends or family, is just to be there when I need them.  That's normally what I just silently pray for when my birthday or Christmas comes around.  Yes, I'd smile if they'd give me my favorite chocolates or book, but really, the best gift is to just help me up when I'm down - and that could be any day of the work week, or at key  low points in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment