Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Art Talk: Noli Principe Manalang Presents An Apple to Remember












Every time I travel, visiting art galleries is almost always on top of my list so I was very happy last night when Ate Mimi invited Mama and I to view the current one-man exhibition of amazing watercolour paintings by prize-winning artist Noli Principe Manalang.

Noli is very self-effacing and modest and it took a fellow watercolourist, Margie Lim, to trumpet all his achievements in the local art world - and it does show in his current batch of work, his third one-man show in a span of 12 years!

Actually it's easy to understand why it takes time for him to finish each painting. They're done very meticulously, and since watercolour is such a difficult medium, his mastery of putting just the right shade and tone to every figure in his paintings shows his mastery over the medium. His mastery also of the human anatomy kind of reminds you of Renaissance artist, Michelangelo!

The guys in his paintings are oozing with sexual appeal and their sinewy figures are a delight to watch, especially for me - alam na kung bakit!!

The funny thing is, I forgot to take a picture of my most favorite painting in this set of his, where you see Superman, Astroboy and an equally hot hunk sharing space!

However, budget wise, I should just content myself with the first picture in this group, which shows a good looking hunk, which I think is Icarus, being prepped up, by some sort of guardian angel.

It's still not within the price range I wanted but hopefully, it's still available till the exhibition ends on the 13th of August and let's see if I can make an offer for it.

Noli told us though that he has practically sold all his artwork, around 600 paintings all in all!! So I wouldn't be surprised if some intrepid rich collector snaps up some of these paintings.

Well, if you're in the BGC area and have time to spare, Noli Principe Manalang's exhibition of watercolour paintings, An Apple to Remember is at the Art Galilea gallery which is just across Fitness First The Fort, on the second floor of the Fort Pointe building.

No comments:

Post a Comment