Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Questions Straight People Ask Me: Aren't You Afraid of God?


When I was younger, after all that bombardment in Catholic school and in church that gay people will go to hell, I couldn't understand how a God that's supposed to be and good kind would even bother to create gay people.  Why not create all of us straight and heterosexual so we gay people won't have to grapple with all these emotions as we grow up! 

And then, I realized, the problem was not with God - He with the omnipotent capacity to love and forgive.  The problem was with the people around me - the religious intolerant, the hypocrites who preach love but are quick to judge those who are unlike them.  And then I began to realize, God doesn't hate me.  I have done nothing despicable against anyone.  It is these other people I should be wary about - those who spread hate just because we are different, because we are in the minority, because we show them that we are also capable of loving and caring for other people like them. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment