Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, July 19, 2013

My 25th Year High School Anniversary Reunion

In August of 1985, Mama had to transfer me and my brothers from ASMS La Salle to USC-Boys High since Papa had just lost his job from Atlas Mining. Coming from a tiny coed school run by the La Salle brothers, which at that time, was ranked THE #2 high school in the Philippines just after Philippine Science HS in terms of NCEE scores (yeah guys, you can verify that, I actually saw the DECS ranking) where everybody knew everybody to a school exclusively for rowdiest and the most fun boys in the world, really shook my teenage world! This coming week, around 70 of my former classmates of the 250 who graduated that year is going to gather in Cebu from all over the world, just to reminisce on the good old days of the mid 80s - a fantastic time to be in high school! I actually spent only 2 and a half years in this school but it was one of the happiest years of my life because I met friends who were just incredibly warm and funny and crazy and they brought me into their world and never judged me even though our family really had no money at that time. They really just made my life more bearable and helped maintain my sanity when my home life was so tumultuous. They helped bring out the best in me when it really mattered that's why I was always very proud to represent the school in all those inter-school competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment