Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Revisiting the Pieta for Holy Week 2015


I am not really into religious art, unlike most Filipinos, but since it's the start of the Holy Week, I found it fitting to feature this stunning yet poignant sculpture of the Virgin Mary, holding the crucified body of Jesus Christ to remind us of Christ's suffering to save mankind.
It is one of the masterpieces of human creation that I still have to see in person, so checking out for cute priests in the habit walking around the Vatican and seeing the Pieta are still in my bucket list.
I don't even know how big it is but knowing that Michelangelo subscribed to naturalistic art, this should be as big as a real human person.

No comments:

Post a Comment