Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, May 13, 2012

What to Do in Subic: Ocean Adventure Park in Subic













This is actually the first big marine exploratorium I've been through.  I've even skipped the Ocean Park in HK although I lived there for years or even the local Ocean Park here in Manila.  Anyway, since my friends wanted to watch the dolphins, we decided to go to the place, but I warn you that it's a bit far from the center of Subic - or so it seemed- since it was our first time going there. (However, when I checked the time for the return trip, it just took us 15 minutes! I guess looking for the place would make time seem longer - than the other way around!)  It would take around 30 minutes though if you came from Blue Rock.

Well, the place is not so big.  It houses two aquariums where you can find different species of fish and lobsters and blue rays.  I guess the shows were the biggest draws.  The sea lions act was pretty straightforward and I'm sure if you have kids, they would love it!  Ditto for the dolphins show!  I even saw a a person actually riding ON TOP of the poor dolphin.  Well, my activist friends of mine are not too keen on the dolphins being used this way but my friends also gave their own point of view, pointing out that withough these shows, how would we introduce the kids to marine life and show them that some species are non-threatening.

As for me, I was reeling from the humidity and the heat - a cone of ice cream and a can of Mountain Dew gave me the relief I needed!

The environmental message they also wanted to convey was Reduce, Reuse and Recycle - which I hoped the kids picked up - since it was repeated time and time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment