Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Now Why Would They Want Ernie and Bert to Marry?



I grew up watching Sesame Street and Ernie and Bert have been one of my favorite characters there.  I haven't thought about them as being 'gay' though, although there has been an online campaign for them to marry!  I am a gay man but I don't see the point of using these beloved characters to educate young children on homophobia and tolerance of gay people.  The idea is good but it would be better if the producers just create new characters that would reflect the sign of the times.  Frankly, I don't want my memories of Bert and Ernie tarnished by making them gay because it implies they were closet cases all their lives - and that's a cowardly way to live one's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment