Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paulo Avelino: Gawad Urian 2012 Best Actor


















While I was on a date in CPK Greenbelt October of last year, Wansapanataym was showing on their TV sets and the scene was of this handsome guy swimming laps around the pool.  The director (obviously gay) showed ALL his best assets that only a gay man would love to see.  I asked my date if he knew the guy and he said it was Paulo Avelino.  I was an instant fan - that's why I watched 'Aswang', Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa and Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.  Imagine shelling out 200 bucks for those movies!!  And of course - all those Bench pictures came out later......

Anyhow, I saw Paulo loitering in the car park tonight, so I called out to him and asked for a photo op!  At least I had no competition from screaming girls!!  About an hour later, he was proclaimed Best Actor in the Gawad Urian Awards for his film Ang Sayaw Ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa, a meditative film about love and dance and poetry - a movie which is right along the alley of the critics and academic voters of the Urian.  Well, I do hope he has a long career.  In this age where ABS-CBN rules everything, talented actors like him will only get to act in crappy movies.....so going indie is where they will get their challenges as an thespian.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment