Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bridge of Spies: Another Gem from Steven Spielberg




I feel extremely lucky to live at the same time Steven Spielberg has chosen to become an extremely adept storyteller via his superlatively impressive directing skills.

From E.T. in 1983, when I was just 11 years old, till last year's Bridge of Spies, each of his movies has been a benchmark, at least for me, of how to be a very good storyteller, via directing.

Every wannabe director should study him because frankly, there are so many lousy storytellers out there pretending to be directors!!

Bridge of Spies is the sort of movie Papa would've loved to watch. What I would give to have watched this movie with him in the cinema since we did watch movies together when I was still young.

Spielberg kasi really knows how to create suspense! To think, I just watched it at home ha, I was literally on the edge of my seat - even though medyo alam mo naman na kung sinong mananalo.

It helped a lot also that Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance are both superb actors. I was actually very happy that Mark Rylance won the Oscar this year.

His role kasi is so vital to this movie and sa totoo lang, it's not easy to upstage a two-time Oscar winner in Tom Hanks, but I daresay, natalbugan niya si Tom Hanks in this movie, mainly because the screenwriters, the Coen brothers input some humorous lines which Rylance delivered with such deadpan humor, I was really laughing out loud every time he uttered those lines!

Funny thing is, I learned a lot from this Soviet spy and his outlook on life. Every time Tom Hank's character would say something like, "Aren't you worried about getting the death penalty?"

Rylance, in an often repeated line in the movie would say "Would it help?"

It's like a message for me since I worry a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment