Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Friday, January 8, 2016

Living With Your Life Choices: Easier Said Than Done


It was a bit unnerving to see that one of the biggest lessons Mama ever taught us, came from the mouth of Xian Lim's character in a scene from All You Need is Pag-Ibig, where he chastises Kim Chiu's character.

When I was younger, whenever Mama and I would have an argument (or even with my brothers), she would always say "Choice mo yan. You made a choice." She would always catch us when we start blaming other people for our problems.

That, in essence, is what Xian says to Kim in the movie. You are in the rut you find yourself in, because of the poor life choices you've made! It's time to stop blaming your Dad, or other people for the bad situation you are in and take control of your life.

So at an early age, we were already saddled with this problem of facing the consequences of our choices - which I think really helped us a lot in making us very independent at a very young age - at least for my brother and me. My sisters had it much easier.

I think I was also lucky that Mama just allowed us to make our own life choices because the life I am living now is exactly the way I imagined it to be when I was 20 years old. Well, maybe plus a thing or two, LOL!

I could've been married now, but just like my wise Mama said, I made a choice a few years ago, which led me to this path of singlehood. So I've had to live with that decision! Tanga lang!

Oh well, we all have some regrets in our life and I have three major regrets but no use dwelling on them since nakaraan na and I made the choice na rin at that point in my life.

Kaya nga, when Xian said those words emphatically to Kim in that movie, ayun, parang sinampal na naman ako. San na nga yung popcorn and Coke, leche, pinaalala pa ako about some of my poor choices in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment