Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Monday, January 26, 2015

Surprised By the Vibrancy of the New "Annie" Movie Version


I admit, at first, I wasn't too excited about seeing an African-American angle into the remake of one of my most favorite musicals, Little Orphan Annie.  I wasn't even planning on watching it until Laura and Dylan said they wanted to watch it.

Anyway, I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie!  I shed a tear or two within the movie, buoyed by how much I loved the songs and how good the actors were - especially Quvenzhane Wallis and Jamie Foxx!  I was already singing inside when the two were singing the last and final closing song!

I was also impressed with how Wallis just got the role and made it her own!  I love the scene where she sang Opportunity!  She phrased it so beautifully, just the right way the songwriter Sia would've wanted it.

At first, I also doubted that Cameron Diaz would give justice to the Miss Hannigan role, an iconic part which legendary comedienne Carol Burnett played memorably.  But I guess she did the part well, eliciting laughs from the audience, putting her own stamp on the role.

Annie will be the first DVD I will buy this year.  I really liked it and I want to include it in my library - so that I can watch it in the future - and enjoy it for a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment