Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

English Only Please: Word-of-Mouth Really Works



I don't normally watch any movie during the MMFF unless Nora Aunor has a movie showing but since most of my friends watched English Only Please - and had nice things to say about it, I decided to give it a chance, making it the second movie I watched in 2015.

It was a very pleasant movie to watch mainly because both protagonists were easy on the eyes.  This is actually the first time I've seen Jennylyn Mercado act and she's quite refreshing to see!  I think she was the real anchor of this movie.  There is palpable chemistry between her and Derek and it was not pilit.   You actually want them to end up with each other! This happens a bit easily though because no major conflict was introduced by the screenwriter.

Even then, it's a nice comedy rom-com to watch - and I liked it that the characters just talked and talked.  I'm actually a fan of that type of rom-com.  

I hope they get to use Jennylyn more in more movies in the future.  She can act and she's pretty and articulate.  This movie opened without much fanfare but I watched it 18 DAYS after it opened - and the cinema was still full!  Word of mouth really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment