Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Before I Go To Sleep: Going Against the Grain



The only plus point I can see in the Nicole Kidman starrer Before I Go to Sleep, is seeing Colin Firth playing a character that is totally opposite of the image he has projected as an actor.  I admit I was shocked to see him slap and punch and swing a champagne bottle at the helpless character played by Nicole Kidman!  This guy can actually play Hannibal Lecter if just given enough leverage!

As usual, Nicole Kidman tries to save the movie, giving it her all, but just like Grace of Monaco, this one doesn't quite get the audience's empathy.  Although it is a thriller, and we do get some tense moments once in a while - there's too much - "I want you to guess this" in the screenplay, it's like we're just being played. 

Fortunately, only a few people saw the movie.  I watched the first day showing in Trinoma and it was immediately pulled out the next day.  The last thriller I watched was Gone Girl and this one was miles away from it! It's like something you can just watch on TV.  Heck, even TV movies right now are much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment