Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Forty Thoughts: Not Fretting Over What Have May's


I read an article by Jim Paredes two Sundays ago where he enumerated 25 things that has made his life and that of his friends richer and kept their cups full.  I am using his list as a springboard to my personal thoughts, especially now that I am really IN my forties!

"1. To desire something or someone so badly and not get it, but to live long enough to talk about it without the pain of loss or disappointment"

This one's easy.  I can easily talk about it now that I've really disliked my college years.  I feel I really wasted that time in my life, studying a course I hated and just doing what I could to keep sane all those 7 years.  Sometimes, I wish there was a genie who could take me back to those years and allow me to relive it.  Of course the impact would be incredible since my life right now would surely totally change but you never know!  I wish I could've just taken European Languages before or Creative Writing or Art History, but knowing our financial situation then, that would've been unacceptable.

Oh well, good thing is, I have already done the European Languages part - I can freely write and talk in both French and Spanish.  The only goal left undone is the Creative Writing part!  But that would be another article.

As for love, I only regret breaking up with Ronald, this very handsome and kind guy I met 14 years ago.  He is still the kindest person I have had a relationship with and in a way, I do regret being a prick to him.  I was a terribly insecure young person then.  And the bad part is, I haven't seen him since.  But I take that all that in stride right now.  That was also a long time ago and who I was then, is a bit different from who I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment