Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My New Definition of REST according to God's Word


I read a fascinating article today written by Dr. Harold J. Sala, where he formed an acrostic for the word "rest".  I could relate to his article since there are days when I feel that I have no more control on certain things in my life and that the difficulties I am handling are beginning to be too much for me - and I believe that at that point, only God can handle the situation!  In this beautiful article, the word "rest" means the following -

R - "relax" - "Cease from your own striving and turn things over to the Lord."

E - "enter" into His peace - very difficult to do but at this point, only His grace can really save you

S - "step out" in faith - this is it - this is full trust in Him that He will save you from harm - again, very difficult to do but when you really believe in Him, unbelievable things can happen to you!

T - "trust" - You have to really believe that God is in control.  When really terrible problems hound me, I just trust in Him to guard me "through the night".  Really, as Dr. Sala says, "There is no sense in both of us staying awake worrying about this."

No comments:

Post a Comment