Do you need help with your thesis, research proposal or dissertation?

Let us help YOU!

Contact us thru:
Whatsapp WeChat
Link Viber
+639150423051

or email us at
ivythesis@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Four Ways to Manage A Long Distance Relationship

Long Distance Love

I never expected to be in a long-distance relationship.  I did try to date men who were just proximate to me but I just love Alberto, and feel that, even with the distance between us, he is always there when I need him (well, not always really.)  Nowadays, I can easily distinguish between lust and love – and just deal with the lust accordingly.
This was not always the case though but in recent years, since I moved back to Manila, and he, to London, we’ve had to do the transcontinental romance, which has been going on for several years now.    Well, these are the ways that we have managed to be interested in each other despite the distance and despite the scarcity of seeing each other.
1.     There’s always something new to talk about in each of our lives.  Our conversations never gets boring since there’s always something new happening to us.  Like, he just came from a trip to Pakistan which he was very excited about.  My taking Spanish classes and how I found the language is also something we talk about.
 
2.    We meet several times a year.  Yeah, we do meet 3-4 times a year so our situation is much better than most OFW (Overseas Filipino Workers) I know.  It is costly though so we try our best to find the time to enjoy each other when we do meet.  I guess since we are given this chance only a few times a year, we are always excited to see each other.

3.    Calls are important.  We do call each other regularly.  At least once a month.  Thanks to Skype, it’s not much of a problem anymore.

4.    We trust each other.  It’s been our sixth year already and counting!  I guess we have transcended that jealousy thing now.  I sometimes kid him about my young boys but really, they are just passing fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment